[rfc-i] Objection to reworked para 6.d (Re: Rationale for Proposed TLP Revisions)

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Mon Jul 20 02:09:57 PDT 2009

Harald Alvestrand wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to understand whether this change affects me.

So...

1) Many specs I'm editor of contain ABNF. Does it need to be labeled as
code component (I believe not).

2) These specs also collect all ABNF fragments into an appendix,
containing the collected ABNF. Does that appendix need to contain the
BSD license text (I believe not, but heard from colleagues that their
docs are blocked because they do not).

3) If I *extract* ABNF from these documents (such as for the purpose of
generating an input file for an ABNF parser), do I need to include the
BSD license text? If so, can somebody explain how to do that given the
constraints of the ABNF syntax?

Best regards, Julian