[rfc-i] I-D Boilerplate Question (not related to IPR, promised!)

Jari Arkko jari.arkko at piuha.net
Wed Jan 28 13:13:22 PST 2009

I think the obvious alternative answers would be (a) the name of the WG
in question, (b) Olaf's string which for IETF work would be "Internet
Engineering Task Force", or (c) the default.

Personal opinion follows. I do not think using the default makes much
sense any more. I'd say that we should put in the WG's name. Drafts come
from WGs, not from the entire IETF until they pass through IETF Last
Call, IESG evaluation, etc. For consistency we should use the WG's name,
not the acronym.

Jari