[rfc-i] I-D Boilerplate Question (not related to IPR, promised!)

Olaf Kolkman olaf at NLnetLabs.nl
Wed Jan 28 06:58:06 PST 2009

On Jan 28, 2009, at 4:19 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> are there rules what the top left field of an I-D should contain?
>
> xml2rfc's default is "Network Working Group", which, as far as I
> understand, is required for RFCs. That default can be overruled using
> the "workgroup" element.
>
> So is there a best practice for both working group drafts and/or
> private
> submissions?

See http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates
which needs one final spin (to be submitted today, hopefully).

Its not yet implemented.

--Olaf

                                        Science Park 140,

NB: The street at which our offices are located has been
renamed to the above.