[rfc-i] The RFC Series Manager

John C Klensin john+rfc at jck.com
Fri Jan 23 09:43:16 PST 2009

--On Friday, January 23, 2009 9:21 -0800 Paul Hoffman
<paul.hoffman at vpnc.org> wrote:

> At 1:02 AM -0500 1/23/09, John C Klensin wrote:
>> Under the new model, the ISE has no
>> such disincentives, as Jim points out.
>
> Except that we assume that they are decent human beings; that
> seemed implied by the SOW.

I assume that they are decent human beings who are going to be
evaluated on the basis of throughput, where throughput is
essentially governed by how rapidly one can get a document off
one's own plate and onto someone else's as well as how many
total documents one can handle in a given period of time.

One could insert a speech here about deciding that measurement
is important and then measuring what is convenient to measure,
rather than what gives good information about what is important,
but I'll skip it.

    john