[rfc-i] Wrapup of Fwd: Comment on headers-and-boilerplates

Thomas Narten narten at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 16 06:27:49 PST 2009

Maybe I'm losing track of things here, but...

> A.2.  IETF Experimental

>     The boilerplate for an Experimental document that has been
> subject to an IETF consensus call

>     ...  It represents a consensus of the IETF
>      community.  It has received public review and has been approved
>      for publication by the Internet Engineering Steering Group.

Do all WG documents that are going for experimental now get last
called (and is this documented process, or just existing practice)?
I.e, what does the boilerplate look like for an IETF experimental
document that has not been last-called (if such documents can happen)?

Do we have a silly state in the system that is not covered in the
proposed boilerplate changes?