[rfc-i] Wrapup of Fwd: Comment on headers-and-boilerplates

Olaf Kolkman olaf at NLnetLabs.nl
Fri Jan 16 00:37:04 PST 2009

On Jan 14, 2009, at 12:29 AM, Olaf Kolkman wrote:

> Joe,
>
> I read your other suggestions, but would like to stick to where we
> converged too...  a fragile balance.
>
> However, you observed:
>>
>> ++ note that the IETF documents are missing a phrase that refers to
>> section 2 of RFCXXXX.
>>

> I can sympathize to the argument for symmetry... and I can come up
> with wording.

I've submitted version 05, it should be available in the repositories
shortly. It contains the following wording:

   For IETF stream documents a similar reference is added: "Further
   information on [BCPs or Internet Standards] is available in Section 2
   of RFCXXXX." for BCP and Standard Track docments; "Not all documents
   approved by the IESG are candidate for any level of Internet
   Standards see Section 2 of RFCXXXX." for all other categories.

Next Step:

The document will be on the IAB agenda for next wednesday (Jan 21),
after it will be submitted to the RFC editor. See my reply to John for
a few thoughts on managing the transition.

--Olaf

                                        Science Park 140,

NB: The street at which our offices are located has been
renamed to the above.