[rfc-i] Using LaTeX & BibTeX to cite RFCs

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 13:42:15 PDT 2009

Joe,

Without going into specifics, I think we have to consider what
will survive LaTeX processing with typical class files, and actually
appear in the published citation. In my experience, putting
something into its most logical container in a raw BibTeX file
doesn't always cause it to appear in the finished paper as one
would wish. For many publications in our area, the ACM or CCR
class files are common, and I would certainly want any
recommended BibTeX template to produce a good result with
those class files.

    Brian