[rfc-i] Using LaTeX & BibTeX to cite RFCs

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 18:02:19 PDT 2009

Thanks Ran.

Can you send along the BibTeX source formats too, please?

Also, I feel strongly that we should include the ISSN number.

What I've been using recently is like this:

@ARTICLE{rfc4844,
	AUTHOR = "{Leslie Daigle (ed.)}",
	TITLE = "{The RFC Series and RFC Editor}",
	JOURNAL = {Internet RFC 4844, ISSN 2070-1721},
	YEAR = {2007}	}

which after going through the CCR class file ends up as

[6] Leslie Daigle (ed.). The RFC Series and RFC Editor.
Internet RFC 4844, ISSN 2070-1721, 2007.

   Brian