[rfc-i] Using LaTeX & BibTeX to cite RFCs

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Thu Aug 27 17:57:36 PDT 2009

As for the institution, I think that depends on how the RFC became an
RFC. Using an institution of IETF for RFC 31 seems odd as the IETF
wasn't around then (IETF 1 was 1986). RFCs from the IRTF should say
IRTF. RFCs from the IETF should say IETF. What would be more helpful
would be to also have the status (Standard, Draft, Proposed,
Experimental, Informational).

Regards,    Martin.