[rfc-i] Copyrights and the IRTF and Independent Stream

Olaf Kolkman olaf at NLnetLabs.nl
Mon Aug 17 03:53:16 PDT 2009

On 16 aug 2009, at 23:21, Joel M. Halpern wrote:

> The plan, as discussed, includes getting I-Ds approved
> through an IETF last call which indicates how these stream documents
> should be handled.

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean there.

If the I-Ds you are referring to  are documenting requests of the
stream managers to the Trust to handle their streams, and/or the
requests for a particular license policy then I believe that such
documents do not need to be IETF last called but need to be approved
within their streams (with IAB oversight).

But maybe I am misinterpreting what you intended.

Anyhow there seems to be a question to the trust on whether they are
willing to consider taking up the responsibility for other streams
than the IETF and IAB stream.  I've CC-ed the Trustees, and figure
they will be able to provide an answer soon.

--Olaf