[rfc-i] Copyrights and the IRTF and Independent Stream

Joel M. Halpern jmh at joelhalpern.com
Sun Aug 16 14:21:59 PDT 2009

I am not sure I follow your reasoning.

There are, as far as I can tell, two arguments being made.
The first argument is that the trust can not handle anything other than
IETF documents.  Such an argument has to be based on the Trust
documents.  (While John and I disagree, he was quite careful and clear
that he bases his argument on the trust documents themselves.
There is a subsidiary argument that says that the IETF has not asked the
trust to handle these documents.  Whether I buy that argument or not is
irrelevant.  The plan, as discussed, includes getting I-Ds approved
through an IETF last call which indicates how these stream documents
should be handled.  As such, teh IETF will also have indicated its approval.

There is a second argument that the trust has some difficulty getting
something done.  I don't see the problem in that regard, but John does.
  You do not appear to be making that argument, so I will not try to
rebut it.

Yours,
Joel