[rfc-i] RFC Index Files Updates -- XML and HTML

RFC Editor rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org
Fri Aug 14 12:42:44 PDT 2009

Greetings,

FYI, we have added stream information to RFC indices (XML and HTML) as
mentioned in Section 6 of
draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-08. Stream is as defined in RFC
4844 (IETF, IAB, IRTF, or Independent) or Legacy*. In the case of IETF
stream, the area and WG acronym are included.

The following files will be updated on Monday (17 August 2009) to
include Stream information:

Hyperlinked index of RFCs:
  http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc-index.html  (ascending by RFC number)
  http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc-index2.html (descending by RFC number)

XML index of RFCs:
  ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc-index.xml

XML schema:
  ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc-index.xsd
  Note: The new elements are <stream>, <area>, and <wg_acronym>.

Each of these files is linked to from
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

*As noted previously (regarding metadata pages), some RFCs are marked
Legacy, indicating that source information was not recorded for this
RFC; we are working on updating this information for RFCs for which it
exists.

Thank you.

RFC Editor

>From Section 6 of draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-08:

   Adding a reference to the stream in the header of RFCs is only one
   method for clarifying from which stream an RFC originated.  The RFC
   editor is encouraged to add such indication in e.g., indices and
   interfaces.