[rfc-i] RFC Metadata Pages

Dave Thaler dthaler at microsoft.com
Fri Aug 7 11:47:57 PDT 2009

Yes, these are very nice, thanks!

Currently:
        IAB is a link to http://www.iab.org/
        IETF is not a link (why?)
        Independent is a link to http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html
        IRTF is a link to http://www.irtf.org/

An alternative would be to having the stream value (e.g., "IETF") be
a link to the relevant stream definition document:
        RFC 4845 for IAB
        RFC 2026 for IETF
        RFC 4846 for independent
        The I-D in progress for IRTF? Or perhaps
                http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/wiki/IRTF-RFCs

I also observe that April 1st RFCs currently say stream=Independent
and link to a page stating:
"Every document to be published as an RFC must first be posted online
as an Internet-Draft".
Is there any page that tells how someone can submit a document for
April 1st RFC consideration?

-Dave