[rfc-i] RFC Editor Model Version 5 and revised RSE SOW

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 14:28:28 PDT 2009

John,

On 2009-04-27 11:30, John C Klensin wrote:

Cutting to the chase...
> I'd rather have a vaguely-defined procedure that might work and
> that would allow for lots of informal mediation rather than
> copying a precisely-defined and formal one that does not appear
> to work.  Wouldn't you?

I certainly prefer that a dispute should be resolved by
informal mediation, and that anything more formal should
be a last resort.

I agree that the recall procedure and the IAOC appeal chain
haven't been exercised. Otoh, the appeal procedure against
WG Chair and IESG decisions has well-oiled wheels, as you and
I both know from experience. So I continue to prefer that some
words should make it clear that an aggrieved author can formulate
an appeal to the IAB, after dealing with the RSE/RSAG first
of course.

On 2009-04-27 12:07, John C Klensin wrote:

> I can live with that.

Ditto
   Brian