[rfc-i] RFC Editor Model Version 5 and revised RSE SOW

Olaf Kolkman olaf at NLnetLabs.nl
Sun Apr 26 17:00:06 PDT 2009

On 27 apr 2009, at 01:30, John C Klensin wrote:

> And, in case it isn't clear, I agree with SM about the cutoff
> date for the initial population of the RSAG (or whatever it is
> called).  If things work perfectly, then six months (or
> whatever) should be no problem, and I have no problem with
> setting that as a goal.  On  the other hand, if they go badly
> enough that the system, as conceived today, has to be
> significantly revised, having to debate whether to shut off the
> institutional memory at the same time is not in anyone's best
> interest.

The model document now reads:
>    Within one year from the time the RFC Editor function transitions
>    the new model and after consideration of the operation of the new
>    model in practice, the interim RSAG and RSE will formulate a
>    recommendation to the IAB about the regular composition and
> selection
>    process for the permanent RSAG

I think that a recommendation at that time to keep the situation as-is
and re-assess in another year from that point would be perfectly fine.
But maybe that is just me.

--Olaf