[rfc-i] URL Issue, was Re: draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-07.txt

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Tue Apr 14 23:32:11 PDT 2009

Joe Touch wrote:
> That's the part I don't follow. The info about an RFC is clearly a
> query, so it is just as reasonable to always have all queries appear as
> what they are -- and just as maintainable.

An RFC is clearly a resource, thus it's primary URL should not appear as
a query to another resource.

In the end, it's a matter of taste, and I happen to share Paul's.

My main concern is that we end up with URLs such as

   http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?eid=426

(ahem), and I hope we agree that we don't want to end up with anything
like that.

BR, Julian