[rfc-i] community (was Re: a possible refinement to draft-iab-rfc-editor-model)

Olaf Kolkman olaf at NLnetLabs.nl
Sun Apr 12 23:01:30 PDT 2009

On 12 apr 2009, at 00:16, SM wrote:

> We have been talking about "community" throughout the discussion.  I
> note that it is not labelled as "IETF community".  Does anyone want
> to tell me what community it is? :-)

The community that has an interest in the RFC Series. I'd say those
are the people who publish via the various streams, and the readers
and users of RFCs. One could argue that the community is those who are
impacted by RFCs and that would be an even larger group of people. For
these purposes I'd say authors and readers, but that's just personal.

Anyway, because this community is a superset of the IETF community
consensus of that community is not sought on an IETF list but on the
rfc-interest list. In the past we have pointed the IETF community, but
also the RIR communities to the rfc-interest list.

--Olaf