[rfc-i] a possible refinement to draft-iab-rfc-editor-model

Olaf Kolkman olaf at NLnetLabs.nl
Sat Apr 11 05:58:19 PDT 2009

On 11 apr 2009, at 09:39, Ray Pelletier wrote:

> he RSOC would act as the nominating committee in a community
> selection process
> to identify and qualify candidates to be the RSE.  The RSOC would make
> a recommendation
> to the IAB, which would make the appointment.  The RSOC would also
> develop with
> community input and subsequent IAB approval the Statements of Work for
> each of the
> RFC Series functional areas, including the RSE, the Independent
> Submissions Editor, the RFC Production Center and the RFC Publisher.

Ray,

I am not quite sure I follow you here.

The IAOC is responsible for SOWs and other contractual documents. If
(and I am not saying it should or shouldn't) this committee were to be
a nominating committee it seems that it would have to base its work
based on IAOC input as they set (probably that SOW would be based,
partly, on recommendations from the committee).

--Olaf