[rfc-i] Timeline for the rfc-editor model

Olaf Kolkman olaf at NLnetLabs.nl
Mon Apr 6 11:20:44 PDT 2009

Folk,

I realize that I personally have a little bit more insight on where we
stand with the RFC Editor model. Hence a little explanation of what is
going to happen over the next few weeks followed by a request to stay
tuned.

The IAOC will shortly assess the results of the RFI and most probably
update the Statement of Work (SOWs). Those results will be made
available to the community. They are based on draft-iab-rfc-editor-
model-04 (4 !).

As you know there has been discussion about a possible refinement
(then called the "framework"). Discussion started on
    http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/pipermail/rfc-interest/2009-March/001270.html

There is little time for that discussion to conclude. The model must
be finalized by April 24 so that during the IAB retreat
(april 27 and 28) the IAB.

If the RFC Editor model will be modified than it is expected that the
RSE SOWs might need modification too. Personally I expect the others
to be stable. I would like to ask the participants in the discussion
to stay focused and help to work towards a common goal: a coherent
model, that is more than the sum of its pieces, and that allows for
start of implementation as of May 1.

--Olaf Kolkman