[rfc-i] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-utf8-rfcs-02.txt

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Tue Sep 30 09:40:11 PDT 2008

Julian Reschke wrote:
> First of all: I fully support this proposal (and will help implementing
> it in the rfc2629 tool chain).
>
> That being said, Section 2.4 suggests that for the author's and the
> employer's name, two spellings can be supported. Good.
>
> However, what's the expectation for other parts of the contact
> information (street, city)?

For the record, I think that the issue of allowing UTF-8 in citations,
contact information and examples (as proposed here by Paul and Tim) is
totally orthogonal to the question of allowing new formats for artwork.

I haven't yet made up my mind about which of the proposals I like most,
though. Whatever we decide about that I will try to support in
rfc2629.xslt as well, of course.

BR, Julian