[rfc-i] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-utf8-rfcs-02.txt

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Tue Sep 30 08:21:23 PDT 2008

At 2:45 PM +0200 9/30/08, Julian Reschke wrote:
>First of all: I fully support this proposal (and will help implementing
>it in the rfc2629 tool chain).

Thanks!

>That being said, Section 2.4 suggests that for the author's and the
>employer's name, two spellings can be supported. Good.
>
>However, what's the expectation for other parts of the contact
>information (street, city)?

We didn't have one. I can see advantages for allowing it (it is
spelling, after all), and disadvantages for allowing it (it is much
less clear that someone searching for this text would think to try
the non-ASCII spelling). We're open to whatever the community wants.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium