[rfc-i] Role of the Editorial Board

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 19:01:17 PDT 2008

Hi John,

A little bit of revisionism on my part, after reading your helpful comments
below.

I see two roles here - a general Advisory Board role for the RFC series
as a whole, and a very specific Editorial Board role for the independent
submissions stream. The former is very specific to the nature of RFCs, and
the latter is closely analagous to the Editorial Board of an academic
journal, or the Program Committee of an academic conference.

I think both of these roles are valuable, and they might even be filled
by the same people. But they are separate roles, and the proposal as
circulated by Olaf seems to mix them up, which I think is what was
bothering me.

Regards
   Brian