[rfc-i] ISSN number posted

Bob Braden braden at ISI.EDU
Fri Sep 12 10:48:32 PDT 2008

  *> >
  *> >>  The ISSN number for the RFC series is now prominently displayed
  *> >>  on the main RFC Editor web page www.rfc-editor.org.
  *> >
  *> >Displayed in free-form text and not following RFC 3044. It is a shame
  *> >:-)
  *>
  *> I have to agree with Stephane, without the smiley. Bob: is there a
  *> reason the RFC Editor doesn't want to support the URN form of our
  *> ISSN?
  *>

Aw, c'mon Paul, try a smiley...  you will find it refreshing.

The reason is simple; I myself was blissfully unaware of RFC 3044.  I
must assume that the IAD and the prominent members of the IETF
community who were involved in obtaining an ISSN for RFCs had at
least forgotten about it.

I suspect that this may not be a slam-dunk, but we will see...

Bob Braden