[rfc-i] [IAOC] RFC Editor Model Final Version?

Russ Housley housley at vigilsec.com
Tue Sep 9 10:59:35 PDT 2008

Bob:

This is a quote from RFC 4844.  Section 3.1 says:

    Originally, there was a single person acting as editor of the RFC
    Series (the RFC Editor).  The task has grown, and the work now
    requires the organized activity of several experts, so there are RFC
    Editors, or an RFC Editor organization.  In time, there may be
    multiple organizations working together to undertake the work
    required by the RFC Series.  For simplicity's sake, and without
    attempting to predict how the role might be subdivided among them,
    this document refers to this collection of experts and organizations
    as the "RFC Editor".

RFC 4844 makes no attempt to explore the internal organization f the
RFC Editor.  The model we are discussing does examine the internal
organization, yet it remains consistent with RFC 4884.

Russ