[rfc-i] insufficient engagement on draft-iab-rfc-editor-model-00

Danny McPherson danny at tcb.net
Mon Oct 20 14:33:54 PDT 2008

Brian,
I agree with pretty much all you've said in your message
Brian, having watched this evolve on the IAB for quite a
while now, and with lack of any more appealing alternatives,
this seems to be the most viable approach.

> That's a good point, but of course if you do switch to a new
> contractor, you *must* have an early way out in case of disaster.
> A two year contract with straightforward renewal is a painless way
> to construct that emergency exit.

Indeed, and pretty much the same answer I got when asking
during the NomCom 3777 "issues" discussions why we shouldn't
extend term lengths to 3 years or more :)

-danny