[rfc-i] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-utf8-rfcs-03.txt

Dave CROCKER dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Sun Oct 19 09:14:48 PDT 2008

Paul Hoffman wrote:
> Thanks for the summary, Juilan. Tim and I will generate a new draft soon
> reflecting this plus some other aspects of what people on this thread brought
> up.

Paul, a bit of clarification, please:

    As an independent draft, the document can be revised in any way you wish.

    As a document seeking to reflect consensus from these discussions, there
should be some basis for knowing what bits of consensus have been developed and
how they guide particular changes.

So, to the extent you intend the planned changes to reflect consensus, can you
clarify what consensus points have been reached?

Most or all of Julian's factual summarizations probably do represent consensus.
  How they should affect your specification probably does not.

d/

--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking