[rfc-i] draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-01 -- third paragraph

Bob Braden braden at ISI.EDU
Thu Oct 16 14:21:04 PDT 2008

  *> Myabe a better approach is to ask the RFC Publisher
  *> to make such metadata readily available on line (including a link
  *> to the I-D tracker).
  *>
  *>     Brian

This idea was recently suggested to us, and we are thinking about it.

In our defense, the model we used was that people would typically obtain
access to RFC text through our web site.  We deliberately designed our
search engine to return the meta-data, with a link to the data itself.
But of course that model is OBE.  Including a link to the
corresponding metadata in each RFC seems like a good idea.

Bob Braden