[rfc-i] citing historic internet drafts

Bob Braden braden at ISI.EDU
Thu Oct 16 14:00:25 PDT 2008

  *>
  *> Does anyone else have the impression that we're too attached to the
  *> three words "work in progress" to describe Internet Drafts, and that it
  *> should be acceptable to use other, appropriately descriptive, language
  *> when citing a draft for non-normative purposes?
  *>
  *> Keith
  *>

Keith,

Frankly, it does not seem to be an issue that warrants all this much
discussion.  In any case, I would observe that we have been using the
phrase "work in progress", whatever its merits, for some 20 years, and
if we decide to change it, we had better make sure we will still be
happy with it 20 years from now.

Bob Braden