[rfc-i] draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-01 -- third paragraph

Alfred =?hp-roman8?B?SM5uZXM=?= ah at tr-sys.de
Thu Oct 9 13:13:58 PDT 2008

Hello all,
reading the new version, draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-01,
I stumbled over a few details that still could be improved.
All the editorials I found have already been passed off-list to the
document editors, but there is one interesting point I would like
to solicit comments on.

Section 3.2 of the draft discusses the 'facelifting' of the
"Status of this Memo" part of the RFC front page.
The final part (roughly one third) of that (long) section describes
the third paragraph to be inserted and proposes initial, stream-
dependent text for it.

My considerations regard the first case, for the IETF Stream.

Since the name of the Internet-Draft the RFC is based on is not
mentioned in the RFC, even the relationship to a particular WG of the
IETF is lost.  To better document the sub-stream and provide guidance
to the reader regarding the context of the document origin, I suggest
to differentiate between WG and Individual drafts in this place, and,
for the former sub-stream, denote the WG involved.
Presenting this 'high level contact information' might direct the
reader to a WG list for discussion, if appropriate, -- in particular
in the case author(s) get out of business or cannot be reached later
on via the email address(es) listed in the RFC.

To this end, I suggest to establish two variants, and replace the
single paragraph in the draft,