Dave CROCKER dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Thu Oct 9 09:09:22 PDT 2008

Joe Touch wrote:
> 1) what editor support is available?
>
> 	You appear to argue that we should be able to edit (author,
> 	modify, quote, etc.) the *authoritative archive format*.
> 	That makes sense.
>
> 	I claim that nobody cares what the source format is,
> 	and that this is not a focus of this discussion - this
> 	is the statement I thought you agreed with.

The *submission* format choice(s) need to be cared about.  A lot. And with
respect to encoding enhancements, such as UTF-8.

#2 and #3 look like useful assertions to get agreement on.

But I suspect there needs to be a statement about the relationship between
authoritative archival format and authoritative submission format...

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking