Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Wed Oct 8 13:49:54 PDT 2008

Joe Touch wrote:
> > Not particularly surprising as it doesn't use the standard
> > headers/footers that rfcmarkup expects.
>
> Understood. Seems like rfcmarkup should expect the FF character to be
> what creates the page break - I haven't looked at the code.
if I recall correctly,

unfortunately not all old RFCs have the FF character.

back when I set up my RFCs-in-PDF web site (long since gone, I fear),
the script that I used to render old RFCs in PDF checked to see whether
there were FFs in the file.  if they were there, it used those for page
breaks.  if not, it looked for page footers.