Henrik Levkowetz henrik at levkowetz.com
Wed Oct 8 08:11:56 PDT 2008

Hi Joe,

On 2008-10-08 16:29 Joe Touch said the following:

>>> I checked it when the feature was new. As of today, it indeed fails in
>>> IE/Safari/Opera. We will need to investigate.
>> After Julian identified the exact problem with the HTML+CSS for non-Firefox
>> browsers, I've changed the emitted HTML, and it should now hopefully work
>> fine also for other browsers.  I've tested Firefox, Safari and Opera; I'd be
>> happy if someone would test having IE print the page from the link above
>> and let me know if it's now working, with page breaks handled correctly.
>
> Fails on RFC793 on IE.

Umm.  The URL I asked people to check was this:

http://tools.ietf.org/rfcmarkup?url=http://www.vpnc.org/temp/draft-hoffman-utf8-rfcs-03.utf8

I have not and will not start a re-generation of the 50,000+ documents that
have htmlized versions at tools.ietf.org without knowing that the new version
works better than the previous one.  Hence the request for people to check the
specific link above.

I could just as well have taken the RFC you randomly chose, and asked people to
check that, of course; and since you tested that particular one, I've now had
that one re-generated too.  Please check it again at this URL:

   http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc793

	Henrik