Henrik Levkowetz henrik at levkowetz.com
Wed Oct 8 05:08:07 PDT 2008

On 2008-10-08 06:52 Tony Hansen said the following:
> Joe Touch wrote:

>> How do I take draft-hoffman-utf8-rfcs-03.txt and print it out preserving
>> page boundaries AND UTF-8 characters in Vista?
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/rfcmarkup?url=http://www.vpnc.org/temp/draft-hoffman-utf8-rfcs-03.utf8
>
> Of course, rfcmarkup itself may have issues with UTF-8. :-)

I've fixed rfcmarkup to work with UTF-8.  The example above should now
show and print UTF-8 correctly.

For the second issue:

On 2008-10-08 09:38 Julian Reschke said the following:
> Joe Touch wrote:
>> Thanks - however, this then means that the native file doesn't print
>> with page breaks -- only the HTML.
>>
>> FWIW, the HTML+CSS works in Firefox, but fails under *both* IE and
>> Safari. Did anyone else check it?
>
> I checked it when the feature was new. As of today, it indeed fails in
> IE/Safari/Opera. We will need to investigate.

After Julian identified the exact problem with the HTML+CSS for non-Firefox
browsers, I've changed the emitted HTML, and it should now hopefully work
fine also for other browsers.  I've tested Firefox, Safari and Opera; I'd be
happy if someone would test having IE print the page from the link above
and let me know if it's now working, with page breaks handled correctly.

Regards,

	Henrik