Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Tue Oct 7 10:05:34 PDT 2008

Julian Reschke wrote:
> The inability to type a form feed character in some Windows application
> shows that UTF-8 is immature???
face it, lots of apps that handle ASCII don't process form feeds
correctly.  for example, I have yet to see a web browser that would
correctly print an ASCII text file containing form feeds, even when the
underlying OS does just fine with such documents.  I suspect the
browsers tend to convert text files to HTML internally, and the form
feed gets lost in the translation.

horizontal tab (HT) has a similar problem.

ASCII is slowly dying.  and I miss it already.

Keith