[rfc-i] Data point [Re: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-utf8-rfcs-03.txt]

Tim Bray tbray at textuality.com
Tue Oct 7 01:25:23 PDT 2008

> Printing RFCs as published doesn't work well, anyway.
> The only reliable way to print an RFC as formatted that I'm aware of is
> to navigate to the HTML version on tools.ietf.org, which inserts the
> right CSS

Or even better, get the HTML output from xml2rfc, and then it actually
prints it with proper sensitivity to the typography and printer so as
to be maximally useful.  The notion that the existing
fixed-line/fixed-char format maximizes utility is divorced from
reality.

But anyhow, all we're talking about right now is using UTF-8.  -Tim