[rfc-i] Data point [Re: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-utf8-rfcs-03.txt]

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Tue Oct 7 00:36:45 PDT 2008

Keith Moore wrote:
> I would add printing to the list of things that should be tried.  (or am
> I the only one who still finds it useful to render RFCs in dead-tree
> format and mark them up with pen?)

Printing RFCs as published doesn't work well, anyway. On Windows, I
wouldn't even know how to, and in addition the page size used is
unusable on printers that happen to use DIN A4 paper format.

The only reliable way to print an RFC as formatted that I'm aware of is
to navigate to the HTML version on tools.ietf.org, which inserts the
right CSS magic so that page breaks stay page breaks, and print from the
browser. That will work independently of what the base encoding was (or
if it doesn't, it will made fixed by Henrik :-).

BR, Julian