Martin Duerst duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Mon Oct 6 23:12:01 PDT 2008

Hello Joe,

I'm confused. I don't think Paul's example document uses anything
other than ASCII FFs. There is no character in Unicode (other than
"ASCII FF") with a sematics or usage that gets close to FF.
(The reason for this is that with today's hardware, software, and
document architectures, FF is in many ways really quite outdated.)

So are you saying that we have software that understands FF,
and software that understands (non-ASCII) UTF-8, but that the
intersection of these two is empty? Or something else?

Regards,    Martin.

#-#-#  http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp       mailto:duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp