[rfc-i] Data point [Re: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-utf8-rfcs-03.txt]

Dave CROCKER dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Mon Oct 6 17:01:10 PDT 2008

Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> Thanks. My results on Windows XP:

Brian,

Thanks for conducting such an extensive and pragmatic test sequence.  It is
exactly these sorts of combinatorial toss-and-eat activities for which the core
representation of RFCs have been famously robust.  I've understood that
robustness as being a continuing requirement.

By my reading of your results, your test demonstrates that raw UTF-8 produces
unpredictable and/or undesirable outcomes with common tools.

Hence it fails the requirement.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker