[rfc-i] Headers and Boilerplates

Olaf Kolkman olaf at NLnetLabs.nl
Mon Oct 6 02:33:09 PDT 2008

Colleagues,

I've just submitted:

On RFC Streams, Headers, and Boilerplates
draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-01

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-01.txt

> Abstract
>
> RFC documents contain a number of fixed elements such as the title
> page header, standard boilerplates and copyright/IPR statements.
> This document describes them and introduces some updates to reflect
> current usage and requirements of RFC publication. In particular,
> this updated structure is intended to communicate clearly the source
> of RFC creation and review.

This document has a strong relation to "IESG Procedures for Handling
of Independent and IRTF Stream Submissions" (http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis
).

Once the both document have converged to a stable state the IESG
procedures document will be last called by the IESG and the IAB will
issue a call for comments so they can be reviewed and published in
tandem.

There is one (possible) open issue namely the question wether the RFC
Editor wants to supply text with respect to the level of review in
Section 3.2 for the Independent Stream?  It would be good if we would
figure out in about a in a week or so wether the current text is
acceptable or needs a change.

--Olaf