[rfc-i] New queue display -- update

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Sat Oct 4 03:14:09 PDT 2008

Julian Reschke wrote:
>> Corresponding to the new queue2.html there is also a queue2.xml.  This
>> differs from queue.xml in tag changes to more accurately reflect their
>> semantics.
>
> Changing the XML format is sub-optimal -- my assumption was that it was
> supposed to be stable.
>
> So, should people who currently use queue.xml change to the other
> format? Will it be stable?

Two more remarks:

- The new format (is it already documented somewhere?) uses the same
namespace name as the old format. Is this a commitment to maintain
compatibility? So far it's almost compatible, as only one new element
seems to be there, and the change only affects recipients that are
interested in the "REF" state.

- Nit: the new element ("normRef") uses camelNotation, while all other
elements use dashes. So it would make sense to rename it to "norm-ref".

BR, Julian