[rfc-i] draft-rfc-image-files-01.txt

Bob Braden braden at ISI.EDU
Wed Oct 1 10:56:52 PDT 2008

  *> 	<rfc-interest.rfc-editor.org>
  *>
  *> I have pointed the IETF Trustees to this proposal, and as a result a
  *> question has surfaced.  Since the image file is intended to be part
  *> of an IETF Document, it should contain some indication of that,
  *> either in the image file itself, a frame surrounding the image, or
  *> elsewhere.  So the question is where will the Full Copyright
  *> Statement and the Intellectual Property Statement appear?
  *>
  *> Russ
  *>

Russ,

(As stated in the document) the image file will have standard RFC
headers and footers overlaid.  These will contain the RFC #, short
title, author, and date.  That seemed to be sufficient to tie the
image file to the text file.  I guess this is a "frame surrounding
the image".

The boilerplate will be the last physical page of the text file,
as now, although its page number will be 1+last page # of image file.

I believe that John Klensin had discussed this with Jorge and had
agreement.

Bob Braden