[rfc-i] Intended Publication: RFC Editor Model (draft-iab-rfc-editor-model-02.txt)

Ray Pelletier rpelletier at isoc.org
Mon Nov 10 15:52:27 PST 2008

On Nov 10, 2008, at 5:57 PM, Jim Schaad wrote:

> I have a few questions that arise from this document.
>

> 1.  One of the tasks of the RFC Series Editor is to oversee the
> consistency
> of the RFCs with both prior RFCs and with the style guide.  As things
> currently stand, this person is not a gateway on path from the
> production
> center to the publisher.  Is it intended that the RFC Series Editor
> is going
> to be a gateway on each document to do a judgment, or is it intended
> that
> the RFC Series Editor will flag lapses in consistency to the IAOC
> after
> publication as they are noted either by the editor or the general
> public?

It make sense to me that the Editor may want to review 'ready-to-
publish' documents before going to the Publisher from time to time
(and maybe a lot in the beginning) to achieve the consistency desired
and therefore should be able to request documents be sent to him/her.

The Editor would also be informed by those and by those where uncaught
lapses did occur in updating the Style Manual.

Ray