[rfc-i] On using HTTP for RFC retrieval

Martin Duerst duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Tue Nov 4 16:53:53 PST 2008

At 03:28 08/11/05, Paul Hoffman wrote:
>At 10:09 AM -0800 11/4/08, Bob Braden wrote:
>>Actually, we have been pursuing a long-term effort to make http the
>default in call cases
>
>- Go to http://www.rfc-editor.org/
>
>- Select "Search for an RFC and its meta-data", which is
><http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html>
>
>- Enter "4321" in the entry box.

Bob, while you are searching for that default parameter,
can you please change the form on the search page from POST
to GET? First, that's correct according to Web Architecture
(it's just an information request, which is idempotent,...),
and second, it's very helpful if I want to send a pointer
to that result page to somebody else (e.g. to show what
the RFC Editor thinks is the current status of an RFC,...).

Regards,    Martin.