[rfc-i] New version: draft-hoffman-utf8-rfcs-04.txt

Martin Duerst duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Mon Nov 3 20:11:56 PST 2008

At 11:11 08/11/04, Paul Hoffman wrote:

>Earlier, people asked to see how this draft would look if it actually had
>UTF-8 in it. I put it on a web site, but people argued about how the
>content-type and character set affected how they saw it. This time, I'm
>attaching the UTF-8ized version to this message in a way that I'm 99% sure
>will be have
>file would be handled in the real world of FTP servers and manual copying
>and so on. FWIW, the attached file starts with a UTF-8 byte order mark.

That's all well and good, except that you gave the file an extension
of .utf8, which wouldn't be the final deployment scenario (I hope), and
which isn't a well-recognized extension on most systems I know. UTF-8
plain text, like any other plain text, usually has the extension .txt.
For this to be really realistic, can you resend with .txt?

Regards,    Martin.

#-#-#  http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp       mailto:duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp