[rfc-i] RFC 5000 on Internet Official Protocol Standards

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Thu May 15 10:07:52 PDT 2008

Paul Hoffman wrote:

> Maybe thanks are not in order.

Okay, I was in a hurry and didn't look for
nits, but I saw that STD 10 is now almost
"empty" for the next about 30 months... ;-)

The IESG might be be mystified when they
lost control over what is and what is not
a STD.  I take it as a call for attention.

> these problems (other than the slowness)
> could have been avoided if the authors
> had published an Internet Draft and asked
> for comments, as is normal for documents
> that will become RFCs

Yes, the "IETF daily dose" listed 5000 once
as I-D, but I was unable to figure out where
the "daily dose" script found this draft...

 Frank