[rfc-i] New queue file

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 19:48:17 PDT 2008

Hi,

On 2008-06-07 07:11, Bob Braden wrote:
> The recently-introduced concept of RFC document streams
> (IETF/IAB/IRTF/independent) allows us to escape from a very ancient
> confusion in classifying entries in the online queue display
> (http://www.rfc-editor.org/queue.html).  The confusion arose in the
> Informational/Experimental grouping... it grouped IETF and independent
> submissions together.
>
> We have now created a new queue display that classifies entries by
> stream, unambiguously.  It it available at
> http://www.rfc-editor.org/queue2.html.  We plan to eventually replace
> queue.html by queue2.html.

I think this separation is an excellent step forward. Thanks.

(I'd also like to see it, and in fact all the streams identified in
RFC 4844, reflected in "Status of This Memo".)

I can't help wondering whether the community should be notified of
impending publications for all the streams, too. Maybe there
could be an indep-announce mailing list, where a message would be
generated when an independent submission enters the RFC3932 process?

      Brian