[rfc-i] IRTF blurb in draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-00

Aaron Falk falk at bbn.com
Fri Jul 25 15:03:56 PDT 2008

Hi Olaf, Leslie-

Regarding the above-named doc, I have a comment on the IRTF 'blurb':

>  IRTF Stream:  "This document is a product of the Internet Research
>     Task Force (IRTF).  The IRTF publishes the results of Internet-
>     related research and development activities.  These results might
>     not be suitable for deployment.  This document has been approved
>     for publication by the IRSG and is therefore not a candidate for
>     any level of Internet Standard, see section Section 2 of RFCXXXX."

Suggest changing the last sentence above to read: "This document has
been approved for publication by the IRSG.  It is not a product of the
IETF and is therefore not a candidate for any level of Internet
Standard, see section Section 2 of RFCXXXX."

The fact that it has been approved by the IRSG isn't why it can't be a
standard, it's that it doesn't come from the IETF.

--aaron