[rfc-i] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-rfc-editor-errata-process-02.txt

Danny McPherson danny at tcb.net
Tue Jul 15 23:17:33 PDT 2008

[top post only]

Folks,
I'd like to see this document published as an Independent
submission but believe there are several outstanding issues
I'd like to close the loop on.

I believe Appendix A, in particular input regarding how errata
should be posted, should remain in the draft.  Three proposals
are given in the document, some discussion and preference among
those solutions by folks interested would be most appreciated.

I do believe the document can be published as is with this text,
with a note indicating that the actual path forward is beyond the
scope of the draft (Sandy agrees).

There is also the potential for it to become part of the
"Headers & Boilerplates" draft discussion as well, although
it might well fall outside the scope of that document, as it
doesn't touch on this topic all at the moment:

<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-00>

Finally, there's the issue that Frank Ellerman brought up on
June 19 regarding notification of new errata to a previous
submitter for sake of continuity.  The RFC Editor folks are
thinking about what to do here, and will get back to us when
they've got an idea of what features will best accommodate the
problem set there.

So, if you've got comments on this draft, can you please
provide them such that we can bring this topic to closure?

Thanks!

-danny

Begin forwarded message: