[rfc-i] rfc errata HTML format

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Wed Jan 16 00:27:02 PST 2008

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 08:05:31AM +0100,
 Lars Eggert <lars.eggert at nokia.com> wrote
 a message of 19 lines which said:

> I'd like to second Julian's suggestion to use a URL format that
> doesn't expose the details of the underlying implementation.

Yes, it should go without saying. Since it does not, the first
reference to read is "Cool URIs don't change"
http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI

The ".php" extension is specially unfortunate, for reasons explained in
the above text.

> (Tell your admin to read up on apache URL rewriting.)

Rather than reading on a specific technology (after all, the RFC
editor may not use Apache today or may stop using it tomorrow and,
even with Apache, there are several ways to do so), people should read
up on good persistent URI practices.