[rfc-i] Fwd: Comment on headers-and-boilerplates

Peter Koch pk at DENIC.DE
Tue Dec 16 11:01:17 PST 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 12:09:39PM +0100, Olaf Kolkman wrote:

> I've had positive nor negative comments on the straw man which tried
> to find some middle ground.
>
> Please let me know if this does _not_ work and provide alternatives.

I can live with the text as is, although I'd also prefer the word "stream"
being dropped, even at the cost of making IAB/IRTF documents "not a product
of the IETF".

>   Independent Stream:  "This document is a contribution to the RFC
>      Series, independently of any other RFC stream.  The RFC Editor has

Consequently, this should be rearranged as, e.g., "This document is an
independent {or 'Independent'} contribution to the RFC Series."

-Peter